Based on the latest data from Facebook, more than 500 million people are watching 100 million hours of video on the social networking site daily, for an average of about 12 minutes a day per viewer. Facebook is still the platform with the highest social reach compared to other channels like YouTube and Instagram. Consequently, finding ways to tailor video content for Facebook seems to be a good idea.
How would you benefit from Facebook videos and improve your brand’s digital marketing strategy?
Here are the 6 best practices to tailor your Facebook videos:
- Better to directly upload your video on your Facebook timeline instead of sharing it from YouTube
- Create shorter videos: Facebook adopted a lower video length than YouTube to keep users moving and tied in to the News feed.
- Bring your story to life quickly: users often quickly scroll through their News Feed looking for content to watch or share.
- Promote your product or brand in the first few seconds.
- Use attractive visuals to get clicks even with the sound off, since videos on Facebook auto play without sound.
- Don’t miss the video’s tag option to drive organic reach, a feature you can’t find on YouTube.
Top 5 Most Watched Brands online in February 2016: Source Tubular Labs.
#1. LEGO with 184 million views
#2. Red Bull with 161 million views
#3. PlayStation with 140 million views
#4. Barbie with 79 million views
#5. Samsung Mobile with 79 million views
Finally, after viewing your video, a user has the chance through Facebook call-to-actions such as learn more, watch more or sign up, to be redirected to other destinations. This is the ideal way to let the user live your whole brand experience, while driving traffic to your website and other social media channels.
Sabine Menassa Digital Marketeer