While some of us enjoy the cold of the winter, we all wait for the first signs of summer to hit the seashores for a swim and a sunbathe.
June has begun, the summer heat has started to rise gradually, and the beach resorts will be fully packed soon. That long awaited day at the beach is almost a vacation, and you should indulge yourself and enjoy it to the max.
Here are 5 things to DO at the beach, followed by 5 other DON’Ts:
- Do relax and daydream.Just sit there, breathe, meditate, and take a nap. Nothing is demanding your attention! Just hang out and daydream a little bit. Let your imagination carry you away in the best way possible.
- Do read magazines.You may never have enough time during your daily routine to take pleasure in flipping through a magazine, so take this opportunity, enjoy the warm breeze, and read some magazines or books.
- Do build a sandcastle.A common beach time activity for kids and adults. Should you do the simplest design or the most extravagant; this will help you pass the time at the beach while doing something really creative and fun.
- Do watch the sunset.A very popular activity, as it should be, but being right there at the beach it’s such a breathtaking sight to see that you’ll never tire of it, and you’ll wish to extend through the night to a bonfire party, however those aren’t as trendy in Lebanon, but are a ton of fun; to gather around a nice fire; play music, have good conversations, dance, roast marshmallows, and just have a great time. Just make sure the beach allows such activities.
- Do sports and entertainment. From working out to throwing balls and Frisbees, if you are alone, or with family or friends, you can always enjoy your time around the beach. That would fill your energy tank for the week ahead. Just remember to respect your neighbors at the beach.
- DO NOT Throw your trash on the sand. Especially cigarettes! It is still trash! You can throw trash on your own floor when you get home. Clean up after yourself.
- DO NOT forget your sunscreen. If you stay out in the sun all day long without putting on sun cream, the result will be painful and harmful.
- DO NOT forget to drink. You shouldn’t stay out in the sun without drinking water and other fluids. In fact, you should increase your water intake while you are in the heat.
- DO NOT walk with bare feet. There are lots of shells and rocks or even shattered glass that might be sharp enough to cut your feet. Also the sand’s temperature may be hot enough to fry an egg. You wouldn’t want fried feet now, would you?
- DO NOT leave children unattended in the water or along the water’s edge. No need to explain why!
Have a great summer y’all !
Michella Salameh Project Manager